The 2017 AAHP Biennial General Meeting (BGM) will take place from Thursday June 8th, 2017 @ 2:30pm to Friday June 9th, 2017 @ 3:30pm at the Hampton Inn and Suites in St. John’s.
All BGM details, including the agenda, plenary delegate entitlements, expense reimbursements etc can be found in the Members Area
AAHP’s BGM is the highest legitimate source of all authority of the Association! This is where AAHP Members selected as delegates (representative of our full Membership) determine future directions for our union. Policies, actions, constitutional amendments, and changes that will help guide the union in the the years ahead are discussed, debated and voted on. During the BGM, information is provided on our achievements, activities, operations and financial performance since the last BGM. The BGM includes guest speakers on key issues facing our Membership or of an educational nature. We also host a social (with live entertainment).
*This year the AAHP will be holding a Memorial Tribute for Mr. Bruce Callahan on the evening of Thursday, June 8th, 2017, prior to the social. Bruce’s family will also be in attendance.
All AAHP Board Members and On-Site Representatives are automatically eligible to serve as a delegate to the BGM, . As per Article 6 of the AAHP Constitution and By-Laws, up to 10% of our Members in each region are also eligible to be selected as delegates. Delegates have the right to vote on all AAHP BGM resolutions. Additional AAHP members may also be selected to participate in the BGM, subject to space availability, but will not have voting rights.
With so many issues on the go in our province today, and with our AAHP Collective Bargaining coming up soon, we anticipate there will be significant interest in participating in this year’s BGM so please get your registration completed as soon as possible.
IMPORTANT BGM DATES:
- Wednesday, March 8 2017: Online Registration for BGM OPENS
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017: Deadline for Registration for BGM
- Friday, April 7, 2017: Deadline for submissions for BGM Resolutions (Click Here for Guidelines)
- Wednesday, April 26, 2017: Confirmation and notification of successful registrants/BGM
- Thursday, June 9, 2017:
- @2:30pm: Delegate Pre-BGM Plenary
- @6:30pm: AAHP Memorial Tribute for Bruce Callahan (open to all AAHP Members – see notes below)
- @8:00pm: BGM Social (with musical entertainment provided by our own AAHP Member Kurt Bambury and his band “Best Kind”!)
- Friday, June 9th, 2017, @9:00am to 3:30pm: AAHP BGM
IMPORTANT BGM NOTES:
- Click Here to learn more about submitting resolutions to the BGM.
- Delegates for the AAHP BGM will be selected on a first come, first serve basis subject to Article 6 of the AAHP Constitution and By-Laws. Pending space availability, additional AAHP Members may be selected to attend as non-voting delegates.
- The Pre-BGM Delegate Plenary is NOT MANDATORY.
- The Memorial Tribute for Bruce Callahan will be open to any AAHP Member subject to registration and space availability.
- The BGM Social will be open to any AAHP Member subject to registration and space availability.