If you have an interest in helping to shape policy directions and priorities of the AAHP or supporting the work we carry out throughout the year, we have lots of opportunities for you to get involved! The AAHP is a democratic organization run by members just like you. A democratic Union, like any democratic institution, works best when people get involved. Your democratic rights protect you only if you use them.
There are lots of ways to get involved. You can start by:
- Making sure you register to access our Members’ Area where you can find more information about the Union, additional resources and participate in online discussion forums;
- Following the AAHP on our own Mobile App to keep up to date on recent and emerging issues, upcoming events and so on;
- Reading your collective agreement and the AAHP Constitution;
- Attending union meetings to get to know your On-Site Representative and AAHP Staff and Board Members;
- Staying abreast of bargaining issues and concerns in your workplace;
- Submitting proposals and recommendations for collective bargaining ;
- Volunteering for one of our Committees. Vacancies will be posted here when they become available;
- Considering to run for an AAHP Officer position when elections come up, including On-Site Representatives, Executive Officers and Provincial Director positions;
- Participating in the Biennial General Meeting;
- Standing behind your colleagues and the AAHP when issues arise that require a strong voice; and
- Contacting Board or Executive Members or AAHP Staff to further discuss your potential interest and ways you can get involved.
We look forward to working with you!